Introducing a male betta to a WCMM + Hillstream loach tank?

SanityChelle

Hi, this is a just a question on a whim, but I had a little blackmoor in with my 5 WCMM and loner hillstream loach, but he's just been rehomed after getting a bit gobbley with the minnows. The tank feels a bit empty without a larger fish. The other option would be like more minnows or a few danios...

If I got a heater and slowly raised the temp to about 21-22C from room temp, would a betta be okay in the tank? There's quite a bit of current in the tank at the moment to keep the loach happy, which might affect the betta being able to breathe.

Personally I wouldn't do it. the WCMM and loaches like faster flow, where the betta likes slow to no flow, and the temperature requirements for the fish are different, which means at least one of your fish will be unhappy.

Personally I would get more WCMM's as a large school of them is fun to watch and are as cool as any larger fish. At the moment my loach/WCMM tank is my favorite tank to watch.