TM member mucky05?

livingart

indeed. They'll express themselves pretty quickly too but if a specific mutation is not present in the founder population, then it's not present, end of story (spontaneous mutations aside). You might get the same phenotype expressing eventually but the chance of the genetic causes of it being identical to overseas examples is very very small?

Very large geckos are not likely to be established genetically in the very few generations that we have had them in New Zealand but more than likely caused by too much of the wrong food. Dark yellow to orange hatchlings that revert to normals as adults may not be genetic as well but may be caused by some environmental factor. There are some interesting morphs popping up (such as the whites held by rabbit) and there is the start of other factors such as flashes of orange but these will take many more generations to develop to something permanent. I have the original mack snows that were bred by someone who had bred the very fancy varieties while living overseas and they were confirmed as mack snows by the experts on overseas forums. I have added more since and now have two unrelated breeding colonies. I have made one available for anyone who wants to breed this strain or others related to it and anyone that only wants to bad mouth will be blacklisted like muck05 (whoever he or she may be). Good luck all you serious gecko breeders.

The chances of 'Sports' can be greater but faults can be increased also, ensuring your progeny develop to adults properly is paramount to keep genetic lines clean.

Some inherited weaknesses can take a few years to become apparent, breeding immature animals can hide these faults for longer, as our available gene pool is so small greater care needs to be taken.

I agree. Another concern I have is the tendency by some reptile breeders to overfeed or feed the wrong food in order to get the reptiles to a "mature" size in order to breed them sooner. This has caused problems in the tortoise, turtle and bearded dragon populations and there is no reason to assume it will not (if it hasn't happened already) be a problem in the leopard gecko population. This ruins the internal organs of the animals and makes them unable to breed properly (if at all) and who knows what sort of a life it gives the creature.

to just solve this bullshit i have spoken to macks reptiles (founders) and sent them pics and we can wait for the verdict if i am wrong i will do an apologie no probs as i was doing abit of a dig at the seller that was un called for

Did your friends from the US of A ring back and give you an answer yet?