"Rayfield" Killies

prison shepherd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PS,

I use a tank for breeding the gardneri of a size, 300mm x 200mm x 200mm. Using normal aged tap-water.

Using floating mop of acrilic-wool, and one male to two females that have all been conditioned on GOOD fish food.(I use live food,mozzie lavae).

You should be picking eggs within 24 hours of them being introduced. Take eggs away from adults for max. results and store in a small container with a touch of methylene blue or akraflavine to control any fungii that may appear.

Babies should hatch 10 to 12 days from laying.

Babies will eat BBS at birth and grow rapidly.

Bigger youngsters will eat their smaller siblings, so watch out for any major size differnce.

Sexing of the young is done when the colours of the males start showing.

Good luck.

Alan 104

Thanks Alan,

I have got them in this set up, and I have lowered the softness of the water slowly over 8 days, feed on Good Live Brine (that I grow) and still have NOTHING?? Whats going wrong? :o

Temp:24/25

Light: 6 hours

Feed: 3/4 times a day Brine/White worm/Blood worm

Water changes: 5% every day.......Cleaning out the waste

Filter: Air sponge

this is keep in the Fish Shed so doesn't get upset by anything?

Any help?????????

:(

PS

What are you using for a spawning site??

Did you get your females really fattened up before introducing to the male??

How old are the wanna be breeders??

I wouldn't worry about the water softness, unless of course your in a limestone area.

Where did the fish come from, is it possible that they could have been sterilised??

Do you know anyone else who has this same line and is breeding them, if so how are they getting on??

Alan 104

Spawning site is 4 Dense homsmade floating mops.

the girls were very pump before he was put in.

I am not sure about there age or if they ahve been sterilised?? Do breeders do this? :o Its the fisrt I have heard of it?

They came from my LFS, A priosn Officer i work with , does part time there and he always "SORTS ME OUT" good stuff, He said they only recently came in! My cusion got some fromthe same shop both he has lost both males? and gave me his two females? Could this be something to think about?

I am on CHALK, so the GH is over 300ppm!!!! :o

What do you think?

Darren

Maybe worth while to use rain water, collected after it has rained a while to clean the air.

Another way is to make a bed of peat in the bottom of the tank, remove the mops, and remove the peat, and water store every 14 days.

It may work.

I wonder about the sterilization part.

Since the attack in NY, the airport surveilance has gone up, and I wonder if the X-ray machines could do the act.

Do you belong to a killi group there?

If not, join up, and I'm sure it won't be long before you have got juvenile breeders to work with from other breeders.

Now these ones you CAN rely on for breeding.

They will be accustomed to your own conditions, and any probs, you'd be able to discuss with them.

Alan 104