Feeding Lawn Mower blenny

Ira

What do I feed a LMB? He won't eat any of the green Nori I have...Don't know if it's the right stuff, dried green sheets, was labeled Nori at least. He's getting WAY too skinny and doesn't want to eat any of the algae on the back glass of my tank which is the only place there is any left.:(

IRA - This is a common problem with the LMB, they often slowly starve to death. Not many happy stories with these fish in smaller/clean tanks.

I might have a soultion, in a roundabout kinda way. My sump has an algae problem. It seems to be being used as the Wellington 'storage and recooperation' station. Bring it around and let him beef up maybee. Can't think of anything else to do?

Pie

The thing that pisses me off, there IS algae in the tank on the back glass!

Ok, tomorrow I might try pulling half the rocks out of the tank and try to catch him. You available on short notice Tuesday evening, Pies?

I've seen heaps of references to feeding lawnmower blennies on the internet but no real specifics and a few cases of them eating just about any kind of food. Wasn't sure what exactly was going on.

Because I'm terrified the algae WILL come back. You didn't see it before it all mysteriously disappeared. 6" thick carpet of hair algae covered with an inch thick layer of cyano...I suspect the algae is all just hiding and waiting for a good chance to come back and then it'll take over my whole house!