Where can I get New Life Spectrum fish food?

nieve5552

Ive got cherry barbs and axelrods rasboras at the moment

I bought a 80g New life spectrum for community fish which the granule size is 1mm.

I knew it would be a little too big for the rasboras so I tried crushing it and feeding them which worked fairly well as the crushed particles tend to float longer than whole granules so they dont sink to the bottom before getting eaten

But I just saw a female cherry barb having a little trouble chewing a whole granule as well..

So Im pretty keen to try New life spectrum small fish (granule size 0.5mm) but I cant seem to find any in NZ.

Does anyone know where I can get them from?

Cheers! :happy2:

Your fish will eat it if it comes in a big container or a small container.

My bucket normally last me 9-12 months so it was a better option than buying lots of cheap ones.

If you look around the site you can pick up other goodies at a great price that does not change shipping much/if at all. Test kits being one of them!

Your fish will eat it if it comes in a big container or a small container.

My bucket normally last me 9-12 months so it was a better option than buying lots of cheap ones.

If you look around the site you can pick up other goodies at a great price that does not change shipping much/if at all. Test kits being one of them!

Thnak you for your advice :)

But I dont have that many fish (not planning to breed yet either) and I've only just graduated and working a part time job so I dont have $80-$130 to spend on fish food at once :( Hence why I am looking for small amounts..

what about the grow formula? it's same size pellet (0.5mm) as small fish but slightly higher protein. I was looking for small fish pellets as well as my current jar is almost out and ended up buying the grow formula.

HFF advised the higher protein (50% vs 48%) would be fine for my guppys, platys and gourami and many other fish as well.

HFF currently have grow formula http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/deta ... 5g/m/1089/

You could try sending a PM to 'Caserole' and asking about his biggest size of golden pearls, it's very small granulated food, measured in microns.

The other thing you could try is to soak it in a little tank water for a few minutes before you feed, then it will have started to break up a bit before they start chomping it.

You can also buy micro granules - can't remember the brand but it has a photo of a ram on the outside of the container. Small sized container only and its around about $10 I think. I am thinking nutrafin but not certain - all fish with small mouths can eat it.