TURBO Silver arowana !! Help!!

Scarletmonuka

We got a silver arowanna named turbo hes a awesome fish around 25cms at a guess he came from a aqua one 820t i think he now in a 2 metre long one but anyways he constantly swimming at side of glass like hes gonna attack himself he jumps and hits his head on glass i recently put white gravel in his tank it shouldnt make a difference should it? I really dont wanna wake up tomorrow to find him dead any help please

always found they like a bit of floating vegetation for cover when stressed

That's a good point. For a fish to act naturally they need a level of habitat enrichment. Providing a safe environment goes a long way to achieve this.

I would suggest a dark substrate and surface vegetation. Light substrates stress fish out as they realize they are an easy target from above. An example of this is how a large proportion of juvenile fish have dark coloration when viewed from above and lighter coloration when viewed from below. Darker substrates also hide shadows formed by your fish.

Erratic behavior and wild dashing can be indicative of an environmental factor that the fish is disliking. EG of this a fish dating and leaping while in a salt dip.

Perhaps you could cover all sides of the aquarium except for the front panel to prevent him hitting the sides.

Good luck. When I started working in the aquarium trade I saw a large silver arrow bust through a 6mm cover glass due to a young child banging on the glass.

boar water. don't know if it could have affected it.. same water that was in the tank to start with. he was fine we wen't out for dinner and when we got back it was dead. next day pictus and blue fantom were dead too. was a cold water chage. bout 25%. droped the temp bout 2 degrees for an hour or so. :dunno: