First time stripping of a cichlid - and it worked!

melrick1

My yellow had been holding for about 10 days. I watched on youtube how to strip the babies, so I gave it a go. It worked super well, and I am amazed at how big and how many were in there! Have about 25 of the little guys.

They are just in a floating tank now, as I only have one aquarium these days.

I have just been feeding them crushed flakes - they seem to be eating but it looks like they still have a bit of a yoak sack - not sure...

Any advice on these guys?

https://www.facebook.com/email/unreacha ... .elrick.98

i aim to strip around day 17 to 20 and they are free swimming then.

I just feed what i feed the adults, JBL Novo rift is excellent food for adults and fry, if you use that just throw a few sticks in with the fry. they will nibble at it, no need to crush it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have stripped them slightly early in that case, but their yoak sack was gone in about two days so I wasnt too far off. They are all still going well with no deaths so far (touch wood).

They are cool to watch and are just replicas of their parents.

I have one of the floating traps with the vents in the sides, so the filter gives a nice flow through. They are doing very well and getting bigger fairly quick which is cool. Only problem is I only have one tank ATM, ideally I need to convince the Mrs on a growing tank. Alas she knows what happens when she gives me an inch on this topic, so I wont hold my breath haha