keeping goldfish in a tropical tank

Howsie

Hi everyone. I have got two goldfish in need of savingfrom there small pond /trough while we get our big pond dug in. These fish i am not proud to say aren't in an appropriate environment so i was wondering couldi put them in my tropical tank temporarily while we work on there big pond.

the tannk is at 23~24 degrees but could possibly drop it down further if need be. the tank is 215l and is stocked with a keyhole cichlid 11 lemon tetra6 sterbai corys and a bristlenose. the tank is planted. i do 30~40% water changes every week which can be upped if needed. the gold fishh themselves are about 10cm long. One is a commet annd the ootheer ithink is a common or atleast has shorter fins

This of course would not be long term and the environment would be mor consistent than there current tank.

Thanks

Some people actually keep goldfish in tropical tanks and overseas the goldfish breeding ponds are all in tropical countries.

My understanding is the reason not to mix them is that goldfish can carry different diseases that can be transferred to the tropicals but I am not sure if this is so.

Keeping them in the tropical tank short term would otherwise be fine.

I added the goldfish. they are.looking good . one has a funny shape to it so either it is skinny or it has bad genetics. the other looks perfect.both are eatinng. no worries with eating other fish as they're aren't quite big enough. the keyholee gaave one a bit of a nip when it kept getting too clpse to the food tablet. sof far so good

( sorry bout the spelling . this was done on my fone as i recently broke my laptop)