Giant bully hotspot (pic heavy)

F15hguy

so I went for a walk last night and found a massive colony of giant bullies, had no accurate measure but got some good pics against my average sized hand.

walked about 250-300m of creek and stopped counting at 20

My first ever giant bully

uc2w.jpg

6bqp.jpg

gcgy.jpg

Heaps of shortfins

qx0n.jpg

2 big giants in one scoop

doka.JPG

3v68.jpg

doing a fin count for the hell of it (yes I have been reading your posts stella :wink: )

0ozv.jpg

little cutie

x0vg.jpg

there were 6 in one 2m stretch, only got 2 in this pic though

0bg3.jpg

That is so exciting! What a find! :f77:

Giants seem a bit touchy about being taken into captivity when big. You are better off getting a small one and growing it up (and then you would feel so proud of it!). I would love to try an estuary tank one day. Not brackish, but estuary themed with sand and reeds and stuff.

It is not only illegal it is very risky to all the fish involved, it will most likely not survive in the wild, and it rund the quite considerable risk of introducing some rather nasty diseases into our wild stock.

where are you, located im sure someone on here will either take him or know where he could go to retire.

ok, might change my views here, the giant bully hotspot is Tauranga, found 2 more creeks today swarming with them, maybe its spawning time cause the females (?) are a heap fatter and have pink bellies. only caught a couple for positive ID's (way too big to be commons most well over 12cm biggest around the 18-20cm mark, all had 6 dorsal rays). and passed by about 50 -60 tonight. heres the photos of the 2 I got tonight.

b7e0.jpg

f8jx.jpg

Female??? showing the pink belly.