Aquarium software

cees

For a new section of this site I'm researching aquarium software.

Screensavers, simulations, maintenance, control of equipment, encyclopedia etc etc.

What do you have? What's it like? What's good about it and not so good?

I'm looking for freeware, shareware and commercial software and links to websites etc.

Cees

• 1 month later...

spreadsheets work well and i am in the process of creating a box [computer] that measures and automatically records these things

the software was the easy part, the parts are the hard part (anyone know of a good source of USB ph metres?)

in all honesty i have actually found these two methods the best:

1) don't bother unless necessary (if it ain't broke don't fix it)

2) manual graphing (like they use in hospitals to record your temp)

i use my spreadsheet for figuring out all sorts of things, the lifetime of my lights, what fish i have and how many, what plants i have, average mean and median values for water quality for all the things in my tanks so i know about where the tank should be (assuming my info is correct and that i actually bother to check - see point one above)

not until recently did i start recording water quality values etc and i have found that i really can't be bothered getting the laptop out in addition to measuring the water, therefore the graphs look empty and are of practically no use.

hence the great idea of getting an automated system that does it all for me. i guess the downside to that is then i would have to look at the data it collects.

poor poor me...

Chimera - Would you be able to write it for MAC too? :-)

I could wip something up faster than any .Net C# rubbish duck.gif. With Apple's developer tools i probably wouldn't even have to write a single line of code. :D Plus it would look good. ;-)

Layton