In CHCH Wednesday evening

phoenix44

Where in ChCh? Do you have transport? Some good shops there (although I assume you will be too late to see them) and a number of CTT members worth visiting.

You can also wander the CD now they have removed the cordon.

Damn, I was going to offer you a place to stay and a personal tour guide but I will be in Dunedin on Weds and Thurs. :( Would have been good to see you again.

Living Reef is awesome but only open on weekends. Organism and Redwoods are good places to go though. We no longer have a public aquarium but the Antarctic Centre is supposed to be pretty cool (I haven't been there yet even though I have lived here for 11 years...). You'll like Riccarton Mall though and there's a great Japanese restaurant next door named Cookai.

I will be staying in the IBIS on Hereford Street and will cab to and from work.

Just needed something to do on Wednesday evening / night really - I might just go for a long walk and explore!

I've never been to CHCH before.

Jen - It would have been awesome to do that! Pity you're away! I might try Riccarton Mall if it's walking distance. A little shopping never hurt! :lar:

I'm sure I can stay back on Friday and fly down another day if I can organise the flight change and you can show me stuff? Let me know! My accommodation runs out on Thursday night.

Coolio! I fly back on Thursday evening and have a fish vet medicine webinar I was supposed to attend at 9.30pm, but I am sure I can get out of it. You are welcome to stay in my guestroom and I can show you around whenever it suits you.

Riccarton mall is a must for your list, it isn't really walking distance but the Orbiter bus goes in a circuit to all the malls in Chch. You might like that. :lar:

Orbiter bus goes in a circuit to all the malls in Chch. You might like that. :lar:

You know me far too well! :sml1:

mm shopping.. :digH:

I'll message you tonight when I get back home! Need to call up Air NZ and swap flights in that case!