My New Sump

henward

size : 1600x500x500

Sock Chamber (with heaters - 1.8kw heating capacity)

second chamber:

Moving media K1

THird CHamber:

static media, mix of ceramic noodles and eheim media, aqua one media

Fourth chamber

Return Pumps, Sump Drain for water changer

20130627_073733_zps1537b0ec.jpg

Video

Looks great, excuse my ignorance but aren't the gap between the baffles extremely narrow? Would this not effect flow?

The gapes between baffles are more than enough. it is just a little over 1cm actual gap. The length of the tank is 50cm and the gap at the entrace at the bottom is 4cm big.

so i guess, total is the 50cm accross and 1cm, which is quite a big gap. handles the flow very well, basically to tell, there is no accumulation of water levels and fiference between the chambers. The chambers are different water heights to each other so its easy to compare the one before if it is accumulating.

I used the green japanese matt stuff to block the gapes to stop the moving media from going up the gap (whcih it did lol and i had to pull them out) that restricted the flow when the media blocked it lol

but after its out, no problems, max flow, the sump will easily handle double the flow from what i see (future proof for a 800 to 1k litre tank and a gold arowana perhaps) after taking the wife to europe :slfg:

oooooh pretty.... hows the moving media working for you???

The static media i have in the tank was the same amount i had total in the set ups previously with more fish.

suffice to say, the static media alone is enough media for the entire set up, its deceptive but there is a huge amount in there.

the moving media , is really ... a not so impulse impulse buy lol

im gonna be st raight up, its probably more fo rme than the tank :bounce:

its so hypnotic and looks so 'industrial' :D so i got it. sure, i did get minor, moderate buyers remorse after i clicked buy now on ebay - but there is 50litres of K1 media there. and according tot he K1 media site, it is enough to feed 250grams of food a day to the fish.

so it should be ok lol

Mean dude, it's a beast of a sump lol, might copy your design on a smaller scale soon haha if that's ok with you.

of course it is lol why not? i copy the rest of the world lol

all designs i get is not reinventing the wheel really, just from mfk, here, other sites, pictures etc.

yeah currently studying waste water treatment, the bardenpho method is just like a simple sump method. I had a chat to the manager about the moving media idea and she liked it. i'll have to email a link for her.

apparently k1 is used in europe in sewage plants? as well as fisheries