keyhole help

G.Eagle

hey people, hope you guys can help me out here, i have 2 keyhole cichlids and noticed today they are acting a little differnt? they have dug a hole and have started chaseing other fish around, im hopeing its breeding activety but i cant tell if i have a male and female, has anyone breed these fish and can give me a little advice? p.s sorry about my bad spelling :sml2:

This happened to mine a while back but unfortunately the heater was down for a few days and it stopped. I didnt get any eggs but you might. If the pair are young they may eat the eggs soon after laying is what I've been told so they might lay eggs and you may not see them. Good luck

thanks cam for selling me the pair, lol. yeah bloody guppies, might need to give ya some more, bloody pests. from what ive read its common for keyholes to eat the eggs and young, i havnt got a spare tank to put them in so i'll just hope for the best!!! :bggrn: