Jack Dempsey & Red Jewel? :0

GuppyHunter

I realize they are not normally compatible due to the water requirements

I don't see what's incompatible about their water requirements? Both prefer moderately acid to moderately alkaline water, soft to moderate hardness around 25ish C. They're both what I'd call right in the middle of normal range.

My Jack lives with Electric yellows, demasoni and blue zebras

thats about normal though right

Normal in that they can and frequently are kept together. But in that case you're either keeping the JD in higher PH, harder water than ideal or the africans in lower PH softer water than ideal. JD is pretty standard south american cichlid conditions.

Unfortunately the jack is going out the door... picks on every fish in the tank. Took him out last night and put him in his own tank and now the other tank with the red jewels is peaceful as anything... very cool, but sucks they wont get along.

Unfortunately the jack is going out the door... picks on every fish in the tank. Took him out last night and put him in his own tank and now the other tank with the red jewels is peaceful as anything... very cool, but sucks they wont get along.

Don't worry, once the jewels decide to start breeding they'll take over the tank too. :P