Co2 diffuser for 200L

Finznfangs

Quick question, I have been looking in trade me and online but failing to find a ceramic difuser for tanks bigger than 120L. I am only running a DIY system at the moment with a airstone to difuse at the moment but not happy with the size of the bubble, hence my want for the ceramic one......... Anyway. SO........ Does anyone know where I can get one? Or just get the small one???

Have you considered an inline CO2 diffuser? I used to use glass and ceramic but get far better diffusion, distribution and economy from an inline atomiser.

I didn't think you could use them with a DIY system???

I have been looking at one of them, as I am not happy with the way my ceramic disk one is working. Let me know what you think of it finz

Will do, still trying to perfect my mixture. What is you mixture?? For each 2.25L i am using 2 cups and half to 3/4 teaspoon yeast with a little tomato sauce... Lol.. Something different to eat.

I didn't think you could use them with a DIY system???
I'm not sure, I don't run DIY anymore as I never had any significant results from it. There's nothing wrong with mashing the bubbles into a bit of sponge or filter wool using a pump or filter, the finer you can get that CO2 the better as DIY is especially unreliable. Pressurised is the way to go :thup:

The inline ones will not work with diy co2, they need higher pressure than what diy can supply. You could make a reactor though if you run a canister filter or external pump? Supposedly the best diffusion method available.

This is how you do DIY inline.

Really just depends how much effort you'd like to put into it to how effective it could potentially be.

The inline ones will not work with diy co2, they need higher pressure than what diy can supply. You could make a reactor though if you run a canister filter or external pump? Supposedly the best diffusion method available.

Yeah I tried the canister filter idea, was very noisy, and was stressing out my fish as it would build up in my spray bar and the spew out. Think I will give the diffuser you suggested on TM with the DIY, and save for a pressurised system. And then next tank will be hard landscape !! :lar:

This is how you do DIY inline.

That's what my ceramic and glass diffuser jammed in the filter outlet looked like, small bubbles but no mist. You know a mist when you see it, if that tank was properly misting, not bubbling then those fish would be dead within an hour. I'd know, I've gassed many a fish in my time :fshi:

Just out of curiosity Finznfangs, what are the specs of your tank? Any photos I may have missed?

I did put up a pic in the members tanks bt it's no where near finished, I mean when is a tank ever finished. It's a aqua one 980, running a cf1200. Few neons, couple of brislelnoses and juvinile discus. So probably About 180L with displacement. Slowly getting more plants established hence the co2. Optimise growth!

I have got some more swords arriving soon fingers crossed..

Taken tonight, Silly cat!!

image.jpg

You're disturbing the surface quite a bit with that airstone there, that'll lead to a huge loss in CO2. Also, the plants in that tank do fine with or without CO2, you'd be after a pressurised setup if you had fast growing stems or carpeting plants. Nice, clean tank looks very sharp 8)

You're disturbing the surface quite a bit with that airstone there, that'll lead to a huge loss in CO2. Also, the plants in that tank do fine with or without CO2, you'd be after a pressurised setup if you had fast growing stems or carpeting plants. Nice, clean tank looks very sharp 8)

I wondered that re airstone, but was trying to keep oxygen in the water..... TORN! :lar: Oh well it's all trial and error. Should I flag the air stone????

It should be clean, the amount of water changes with these discus, tried to move them into a bare bottom and they were not impressed. So back in the big tank they went :facepalm: Happy discus again!

Note: thanks everyone for your input. :bggrn:

• 10 months later...