May 22, 201313 yr comment_528528 I've been looking for some for a while. I've been checking the suppliers list at my lfs but there is nothing. Hollywood don't have any. Redwood don't have any. Organism who usually have some don't have any (last time I called was a few weeks ago but he said he won't be getting any until June I think) I thought they were quite common in shops so why have they all run out? Report
May 22, 201313 yr comment_528531 Yeah and it doesnt seem like any breeders are having huge successes. Im also on the hunt for these, half beaks, clown killies and liquorish gouramie but wellington pet stores are rubbish tbh. Report
May 22, 201313 yr comment_528534 Hey Dennis. Have noticed the same here in Hamilton.. The last lot of Apisto's our LFS had in were Agassizi but they hadn't had any in for some time prior to that. I have some Macmasteri fry but my Cockatoo's haven't bred for some time and the same goes for my Trifisciata. Keep us informed when you do find some! Cheers Dan. Report
May 22, 201313 yr comment_528535 Feel like selling some danval, give me your bank account number :bggrn: Report
May 22, 201313 yr comment_528541 Apistos seem to go in cycles, sometimes we have tons and then others we have none.. It doesn't help with they keep "apistoing" for no reason without breeding when we do have them Report
May 22, 201313 yr Author comment_528544 I can only hope we will get an import available next month or something. But that's just speculation from what John at organism said. Also livebearer, check redwood aquatics. I just looked before and they had some half beaks available. Report
May 22, 201313 yr comment_528646 DennisP, are you a member of facebook? If so join the group NZ Fishkeepers and msg Dave Evans, he has some male cockatoos for sale in Christchurch. Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_528702 dwarfs are no longer my strong point so from memory cockatoos triple reds borelli trifasciata mcmasteri mcmasteri super red nanocara aureocephalus nanocara something sorry They also have killis and 2 types of half beaks, red devils some nice discus and ancistrus and a few other bits and pieces all imports they have a FB page and if you email of their www you can get a stock list Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_528704 Thanks Nav.. You don't know if the "borelli" are true borelli? If so I would definitely get some.. Report
May 23, 201313 yr Author comment_528705 :thup: Just sent redwood an email. Hopefully I can grab me some. Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_528706 They didn't have any in stock when I was up there a couple of weeks ago Dan, just macs and cacs. Report
May 23, 201313 yr comment_528710 Sweet as. Thanks Jamie. Apistogramma steel blue is often sold as Borelli.. Hoping one day they may get the real thing in.. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.