Opened the hutch this morning to find..

trinox

Hey,

My partner opened the hutch to her 2 year old Black Mini-Lop Bunny to find 4 live happy baby bunnies!

2 x black, 1 x gray and 1 x black/white spots :)

These are our first set of living babies!

So excited. We started with two adult bunnies but the male died. To cheer her up i bought two 6 week old baby bunnies in october last year. Now they are old enough to start breeding, the male first of all got her sister pregnant (didn't plan on this, thought they were still to young) and she had a total of 7 baby bunnies 2 weeks ago but unfortunatly they were all still born.

But yesterday we noticed our older Black bunny creating a nest and could only hope for the best as in the 1 year we have had her she has never showed any signs of breeding.

Its pretty exciting because it has taken us 3 months of slowly introducing our older bunny to the younger two without her killing them. Only in the passed month has she been able to stay in the same are as the younger ones.

Ill upload some photos when i get home to see them this evening :)

BTW, does anyone else here keep bunnies?

Congrats! :D

Yeah Critter_Crazy kindly gave me a bunny rescued from ChCh animates during the quakes. He must be a couple of years old now. We named him Radar 8)

Yes, started out with two minilops about 5 years ago, a male and a female, sadly the female, my favourite, died about three years ago. We did have a go at breeding but both times she would build a nest but have the kittens outside in her run. Both litters had only two kittens which was weird.

Sorry about slow reply.

Still don't want to touch them incase the mother decides to reject/eat them. Here are a few photos. They aren't the bet of photo's but you can get a idea of them :)

2 Days Old - You can see 1 x Black and 1 x Gray

945219_10151359021751612_1171895358_n.jpg

7 Days Old - You can see 1 x Black, 1 x Gray, 1 x Black and White - Eyes are still closed

283823_10151359021816612_1922001597_n.jpg

945569_10151359021771612_1683735926_n.jpg

310043_10151359021766612_904740405_n.jpg

Yeh, they are extremelly cute!! It's hard to get a photo as the mum keeps them well tucked up and covered in hay/fur :) shouldn't be much longer before their eyes open and they start to venture out of the nest. We still havent got to touch them or get and really good photos but they look really healthy and definatly are getting bigger so all is looking well :)