SJO 'S GOOD NEWS

caserole

for thoughs in the nzka who may be interested my first Fun. sjoestedi egg hatch today . yes it's only 1 out of 5 but there young adults and still relatively infertile. the fish have to be 10 months to a year old before full fertility kicks in.

i plain to spawn them again in two weeks, using water at 10GH and a ph 6.8 .

will post again in three weeks to let you know how i get on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would up date you about the 2 SJD fry .

Well it's been 3 days short of 1 month and they are all ready over 25mm long :o , which is quit amazing really I felt notho's grow fast !

No colours yet so I will up date you again when that happens, I have know idea when that will be tho.

Oh , have been spawning the SJD'S for 3 days now, water conditions as last post . I've got 47 fertile eggs :) , way better then last time and another 30 I collected today but will have to wait 24 hours to be sure of there fertilaty. :-?

Well 5 days ago my 2 fry were 25mm , there now 35mm. 1cm in less then a week :o

There both the same size and 1 is clearly turning from female tan to male colourtion . You can see the yellow in tail coming threw, i gess the other is a female but will give it one more week before i'm sure . :roll:

I also , now have 257 eggs 2 or more days old .

If they hatch ( 5-8 weeks ) it will only take 6 week before I will have them available to nzka members. :wink: