March 17, 200521 yr comment_42548 for thoughs in the nzka who may be interested my first Fun. sjoestedi egg hatch today . yes it's only 1 out of 5 but there young adults and still relatively infertile. the fish have to be 10 months to a year old before full fertility kicks in. i plain to spawn them again in two weeks, using water at 10GH and a ph 6.8 . will post again in three weeks to let you know how i get on. Report
March 17, 200521 yr comment_42557 Stu, from a little acorn a mighty oak grew. Keep up the good work. Alan 104 Report
March 17, 200521 yr comment_42591 I saw it about an hour ago, big fry for a newborn killie, thats really awsome. that was the biggest grin ive seen on your face so far. Congrates mate. Shae Report
March 17, 200521 yr Author comment_42625 Thanks Alan , try and get a lot more i know you love the SJD'S LB ,Good on ya mate, i spit my lip with that grin :lol: Report
April 12, 200521 yr Author comment_45295 Just thought I would up date you about the 2 SJD fry . Well it's been 3 days short of 1 month and they are all ready over 25mm long , which is quit amazing really I felt notho's grow fast ! No colours yet so I will up date you again when that happens, I have know idea when that will be tho. Oh , have been spawning the SJD'S for 3 days now, water conditions as last post . I've got 47 fertile eggs , way better then last time and another 30 I collected today but will have to wait 24 hours to be sure of there fertilaty. :-? Report
April 13, 200521 yr Author comment_45407 Thanks Wok and Shelley, the thing is as far as i know i'm the only one with them. And , I now have 75 firtile eggs with another 72 collected today they just keep on laying more and more everday. Report
April 13, 200521 yr comment_45432 Have you got hormones in your water or just the golden touch? LOL Well done keep em coming! 8) Report
April 13, 200521 yr Author comment_45433 Na FishBait , something better then " golden touch" or "hormones" I have LIVE FOOD 24/7. Report
April 13, 200521 yr comment_45435 Ah I was not going to mention THE BIG SECRET!!! but since you let the cat out of the bag it must be ok. :lol: Live food is great!!!!!!!!!! Report
April 14, 200521 yr comment_45633 must be something in the wellington water stew!! keep it up and alan will visit u soon lmao Report
April 20, 200521 yr Author comment_46351 Well 5 days ago my 2 fry were 25mm , there now 35mm. 1cm in less then a week There both the same size and 1 is clearly turning from female tan to male colourtion . You can see the yellow in tail coming threw, i gess the other is a female but will give it one more week before i'm sure . :roll: I also , now have 257 eggs 2 or more days old . If they hatch ( 5-8 weeks ) it will only take 6 week before I will have them available to nzka members. Report
April 20, 200521 yr comment_46381 You Beaut Keep up the good work and the live food going. Oops there goes that secret again. Report
April 24, 200521 yr Author comment_46745 I now have 500 eggs. I wonder if any body would like some ? Report
April 24, 200521 yr Author comment_46838 Ya think i should put a post in private trade and exchange then. :lol: p.s I'm not kidding when I say I HAVE 500 EGGS, i do. Report
April 25, 200521 yr comment_46898 good work stu where do u store all these eggs thats awesome work keep it up wish i had the stu touch have got this lot of eggs alive so far go the scheeli Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.