Electric Yellow Lab fry colouration question

TenyTinyKaz

i bought a bunch of elec yellow fry of some guy a few years back, he only wanted $10 for 50 of them, i bought them as feeders, when i asked him why they were so cheap, he said because the colour will be bad because the parents had bad colour too. i put them in with my oscars and most were eaten pretty quickly but the ones that did survive a few months got much bigger and never even looked remotely close to the beautiful full yellow ones i've seen in shops. they were more browny yellow. all i'm saying is nah, if the colour is bad now it's not gonna get much better imo. dunno if that helps.

Thanks guys, I was concerned about that, when I bought the mother from a African community tank she came already holding god only knew what and this lot popped out (my first mouth brooders so quite happy about it). Since then the mother and my male have produced about 30 odd fry who all look much better to my very untrained eye.

• 3 weeks later...