Baby Cichlids

scottscape

from your description an vid it looks like you have some auratus in there, keep an eye on them they are super aggro and i would look at getting around 15 more dems as these guys need to be in big colonies to spread the aggression. They are super aggressive amongst them selves and your 2 will prob become 1. Maybe some red top ice blues, i think i can see 1 at the end of the vid. You should be fine with theses if they are still juvies but as they get bigger your probs will start. I would suggest going with a hap/peacock tank or getting rid of them and going all mbuna, all 3 together is generally considered carnage.

Thanks for the advice, bad news for me I will keep an eye out for problems and do some more research on them.

Cheers

*Edit - a quick youtube search for Auratus Cichlid has let me know just how much of a ticking time bomb this tank probably will end up being... :facepalm: there is like four of them in there

Yeah i would move the auratus on unless you want to do a tank of them by themselves, you would need a few more though. Have you had any luck finding out what else you have in the tank?

Well if you are interested I took a video. In other news the coral rock has turned pretty much all green.

I don't know how to do a forum video clip thing.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6971 ... mcyali.mp4

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/844 ... jfocv.mp4/

Its piping because the tank is drilled. I capped it off because I have enough filtration for now. It's an eyesore

Remove the piping and plug the hole if it bothers you. You could just silicone a glass patch over the hole and then put the piping back if you want it later.