March 4, 201313 yr comment_521683 Hi, I have a very slight milky haze in my 100L - was advised it is either frm correcting the high pH in my tap water with pH 7.0 powder OR it is algae bloom. Given that a dose ofaccuclear has not fixed it the latter might be correct. HFF Albany recommended a UV purifier at $100 -is this the best option and will it also affect my biofilter? BTW HFF Albany is an awesome outfit! IMO :cofn: Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_521688 Sounds like a bacterial bloom which is quite common on a new tank especially during cycling. Just keep doing regular water changes and it will clear up in no time. Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_521691 That's the way. I bought a uv unit after a couple of weeks of algae when I first set up my 130 litre, reckon if I had waited another couple of days it would have sorted itself out, I still run it but theres really no point once everything is balanced out. If you do want to get it, it wont hurt your biological filter because all the good bacteria in it is stuck to the biological media. Report
March 4, 201313 yr Author comment_521694 Sounds like a bacterial bloom which is quite common on a new tank especially during cycling. Just keep doing regular water changes and it will clear up in no time. Much appreciated Report
March 4, 201313 yr comment_521704 Its just a fish shop telling you the only choice is to buy their gimmicks, google is much more helpful and less likely to see you coming i find a big waterchange effective in dealing withh algal blooms Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.