Pond Supplies in christchurch

nzfishkeeper

Does anyone know where a good place to get pond supplies is in CHCH,

I am going down there this weekend and thought it would be good to get a few things for a pond I'm setting up.

I am mainly looking for plants like water lillys etc I may pick up a few fish as well.

Also while I am asking here I may as well ask if anyone know what you are allowed to take on a plane flying wgtn to chch?

Would plants and fish even be allowed on the plane? Is it safe for the fish?

I always liked The Water Garden, 297 Blenheim Rd. Don't know if it is still operating post quakes though.

Redwood Aquatics had a wide range last time I was there too.

I have tons of spare lilies here (pale cream with yellow centres) if you ever come up this way. Not sure when I will be in ChCh next although we go semi regularly.

Plants and fish are fine on internal flights if you make sure they are packaged well, not leaking, and with your hand luggage. I have travelled with both fish, plants (and once some axolotls in an ice cream container). My sister and niece once took a large selection of cichlids up to Hamilton for me. They went on board with 2 large cooler bags each packed with bags of fish. Nobody questioned it.