New setup for my 450L aquarium.

lotofish

These are pictures of my new Amazon Aquarium with Discus and a variety of Echinodorus plants. There are 2 Blue Diamond males, 2 Blue Turquoise males and 1 Blue Turquoise female. Other tank mates include 2 SAE, 2 Rainbow Labeo, 5 Pepper Corydoras and one Golden Ancistrus. Echinodorus plant species include E. cordifolius, E. 'Ozelot', E. 'Kleiner Bar' E. parviflorus 'Tropica', E quadricostatus and E, amazonicus. The driftwood has been collected from North Island rivers by a friendly trout fisherman. The sand is a mix of red, black and green grit from Stone and Water world which I think gives it a much more natural look. I have placed root fertiliser sticks around each plant and added CO2 using a baking soda and citric acid system that I sell. Water conditions are; pH 6.7 – 6.9, temp 29 degrees C, TDS 62, Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrate 0ppm. Weekly 30%-40% water changes. Video

450L_Amazon_05_zps1c36ccbb.jpg

450L_Amazon_06_zpsf8322a25.jpg

450L_Amazon_04_zpsde2ab01f.jpg

450L_Amazon_03_zps5d0a7e15.jpg

450L_Amazon_02_zps5ad6c202.jpg

Snapshot4_zps0399e0bb.png

Snapshot1_zps1780697f.png

Snapshot2_zpsf5bccb33.png

Snapshot5_zps2686e784.png

Snapshot12_zpsccd634cb.png

Snapshot11_zps894197fa.png

Snapshot10_zpsb26c28ee.png

Snapshot9_zps69ce8e11.png

• 1 month later...

Quick update......

Plants have grown some since the first pictures and I have given everything a good trimming, especially the two large E. amazonicus on the right. Another big change is that the Discus are gone and I have some Angelfish in. I will post some new pictures soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Update to my Echinodorus planted tank

I have removed the 2 large E. amazonicu on the right and replaced them with a E. uraguayensis. The large E. amazonicus on the left has had a major trim and I have added another E. osiris on the right. Also have new LED lights to replace the old fluorescent unit. The dwarf neon rainbows are the new comers and the 4 clown loaches. Unfortunately the clown loaches have started making holes in the plants so they will have to be moved. Tried feeding them more greens but they still go for the plants.

Amazon-v3-01_zps642937d3.jpg

Amazon-v3-05_zps792ca431.jpg

Amazon-v3-06_zps4fa72ed1.jpg

So far the plants are growing very well. the E. osiris is producing redder leaves and the E. "kleiner bar" is producing new orange leaves whereas before they were only green new leaves. This is a good sign as the E. "kleiner bar" is a hybrid from E. osiris and E. uraguayensis. I am waiting to see what the E. amazonicus does after the trimming.