Newbie out Manukau/ Auck

euro4u

Hi,

I have just joined and am out Manukau way so if you are out Manukau/Auck let me know, at the moment I have a Aqua-One AR 620 tank ( 90 litres ) which has 3 Yoyo Loaches (15cm)a Rainbow Shark (12cm) and about 5 Bristlenose Catfish the largest being about 15 cm and two bright orange fish which I don't know the breed.

I will have a second tank that should arrive in about 2-3 weeks being 375 litres that has two Eheim Professional 2 filters and Eheim heater lights etc, am not too sure as to what I will be putting in but am open to suggestions, a few fish that have my interest so far (just so you get an idea as to what way I am thinking of going) are Black Ghost Knife Fish, Clown Knife/Spotted Knife Fish, Spotted Palmas Bichir, Siamese Tiger Fish, Jarupari Earth Eater and Kribensis (Rainbow), in general I think I prefer fish that are "interesting" but on the otherside of the coin I have to be realistic on cost, and am prepared to wait as well.

Any comments are welcome as I am still only a newbie and learning.

Many Thanks,

Steve.

:wave: Good luck with the new tank.

I would suggest you move the shark and at least 3 bristlenoses over to it as they are too big (or too many) for the 90L. I see a base of 120cm x 45 is recommended as a minimum for the loaches too.

There are a number here who like the more unusual species of fish so there should be plenty to help you with questions 8)

awesome, it seems you have the bug.....

welcome and enjoy.

though I must mention that 375 L is a very small tank for all of those species you listed. (except the kribs)

Hi,

Yes seems I have the "bug" and thank you for your mention on the fish to tank ratio ;0)

:wave: Good luck with the new tank.

I would suggest you move the shark and at least 3 bristlenoses over to it as they are too big (or too many) for the 90L. I see a base of 120cm x 45 is recommended as a minimum for the loaches too.

There are a number here who like the more unusual species of fish so there should be plenty to help you with questions 8)

Hi Caryl,

What you say seems like good advice which I will act on as soon as the new tank arrives (tomorrow)

Many Thanks.

hi steve

good to see u made it did u get that big tank and stand from trademe u showeed me a photo of

you got the gravel cleaners from me hope the wife dont mind other tank

Hi,

Thanks for giving me the website !! I am picking up the tank tomorrow and have filled in my new Will & Testament, just incase (you get all my gravel cleaners) LOL.

Will keep in contact and let you know how the tanks is going once set-up.

Many Thanks,

Steve.

• 2 months later...