~Show us your Bettas~

Phillz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my favourite male fighter, im still looking for a girl/girls for him.

what type of fighter is he.

]

IMHO he is a stunning VT......reminds me alot of my 1st betta Uno......I think his pics are in the beginning of this post.

Niloc....great fish by the way but what I really wanted to ask was about the filter you have. I want a 'soft' filter for the breeding tank. I was told a sponge filter is the way to go so I got one, but the damned thing bubbles like mad in much the same way as an undergravel filter. I really cant afford to be buying more filters right now but want to get the breeding tank set up....it is only a small tank, and I have it only half full of water with no stones....just a few ornaments for hiding places and some floating plants...but NEEEEEED a good gentle filter that will keep the tank clean, help keep it cycled, yet not disrupt bubble nests, breeding fish or the fry once the adults are removed.

I just use a corner filter in my breeding tanks with a hose clamp/valve to reduce air flow.

Shelley could you not just raise the air outlet of the sponge filter to almost out of the water(I think this will work, have seen it done)

Jodi-Lea those are some very nice looking betta's(I now want more)

i used a sponge filter when breeding and found that just add the extension to the base and it works just fine.....

also i found that once the fry were free swimming they didnt mind the bubbles and the ones that did stuck to the opposite end of the tank away from the filter and i just put a small bubbler (on the end of a air hose at their end of the tank to keep the water moving gently and i also used the hose clamp/valve to reduce air flow on both the filter and the bubble maker thingee (very technical terms here)

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get a couple of nice shots of 2 of my girls.

Here they are......any comments most welcome.......just hope they can find nice boys to pass on there good looks :wink:

This is "Palace" she has a nice even butterfly pattern....that dosen't show up in the pics unfortunately.

WebP7290026.jpg

WebP7290021.jpg

This is Myth, she has a lovely tail.......nice fins alround I think! (apart from the little nip out of the anal fin)

WebP8020029.jpg

WebP8020032.jpg

Now off to catch the other 4 on film LOL

• 3 weeks later...
This is our firs time posting a pic so we will see how it goes

This is a pair that we have been tring to breed for a while. The male always makes a nest in the com tank, but never in the breeding tank :evil:

Very nice fish you have there.....does he have a marble pattern?

• 1 month later...

Well it finaly happened. Even though my husband said "NO MORE FISH!!" I went out and got one anyway! lol

We call him Bruce for Bruce Wayne hehe. Stupid I know but my daughter named her gold fish cinderella!

He looks a lot more purple in colour than bright blue but thats the flash for ya lol.

Enjoy :D

014.jpg

013.jpg