RIP my beloved Jaguar

WillskE

just lost my large 40cm female jag this morning, not 100% sure why but started noticing it just stopped on bottom yesterday when it usually very active on the top, i suspect its from poisoned cockroaches that fell in the tank when i sprayed the room as its got a big roach problem...

now its just the one male jag alone in a 900L tank :(

I'm sorry about your fish.

A timely reminder to all to be wary of using sprays near a tank. I knew to keep the spray from going in the tank but the thought of the resulting dying insects had not occurred. Mind you, my tank is totally covered so it would not happen so I am lucky in that respect.

edit* holy crap its actually still alive but barely, motionless and slight bent? and very very faint breaths i doubt it can be saved..

anything i should do? put it out of misery?

:o "Holy smoked! I got freak out on this this quote! :o

I though it came back from fish heaven after it was dead..

Male jag are easy to find but female is some time abit precious..

yeah my girl is only around 15cm too but she is definitely still growing.

also - nobody is allowed fly spray in my house. good thing i make the rules around here huh 8)

No fly spray here either. It's probably ok most of the time, but it just takes 1 time for something bad to happen :(

I'm sorry for your loss, WillskE

yeah my girl is only around 15cm too but she is definitely still growing.

also - nobody is allowed fly spray in my house. good thing i make the rules around here huh 8)

yea..i had a feeling it was a bad idea T_T but there was just sooooo many of those pinky nail sized roaches running around and the spray was instant kill so i thought to just spray away from the tank but i suppose some resilient ones crawled into the tank and died maybe?

yea..i had a feeling it was a bad idea T_T but there was just sooooo many of those pinky nail sized roaches running around and the spray was instant kill so i thought to just spray away from the tank but i suppose some resilient ones crawled into the tank and died maybe?

I would have thought it would need to eat a LOT of them to be poisoned?

you only keep two fish in 900L, what a waste, man. get some big guys in there...Devils, Horns, etc

i wanted to but the male is quite aggressive, took a whole month till he calmed down enough for the female to settle her mouth is full of jaw fighting scars.. and at first the female was only 25cm when i got it then she got real food hungry and out grew the male just by tiny bit.

I would have thought it would need to eat a LOT of them to be poisoned?

i don't think it would take more than 1 or 2 little roaches for the fly spray poison to take effect on the fish but yea.. now that the females actually gone males back from depressed mode :o

I feel your pain mate, the exact same thing happened to my ~35cm male jag "Big Guy" about 6 months ago, same symptoms but for no appareant reason, no fly spray ! .. leaving my ~30cm female "Rusty" as a lonely widower :( Gave a burial fit for a king in the back yard, have since stocked up the tank a little bit to give her some company, but its not easy convincing her to let others play in her playground... I would consider selling her as she is too boisterous for company and the tank is too big for just her and pedro the ggg...