New play tank/ plant practise tank

camtang

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Cam, I just trimmed some ambulia for you and I will send it tomorrow, would you like a few stems of rotala rotundifolia as well?

That would be great, cheers mate. I have anoter little planted tank on the build now as well :facepalm:

Looks like the tank could do with a little poly under it judging from how uneven the stand looks. :)

I tryed to get some under it when i moved it, but was to heavy to do it will everything in it. that isnt final destination for that tank it will move when my fish room is done.

That stand is actualy the stand for the sump of my 6 footer that sits above it, just made the most of the spare space while i dont need the sump going. that tank is pretty much sitting on the ground :slfg:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeh apparntly not, but my guppies are only feeders for larger fish. So I am not to worried about that issue. Funny you mention it however, as I watched the fighter munching down on a guppie fry the other day. I found that kinda funny in a twisted way.

Was also considering adding a couple of female fighters to that mix, but am still in two minds

The beach in Collingwood. I don't know the name of the beach, I assume Collingwood beach is its name. Long story short, there was heaps and heaps and heaps of cool wood there, but only had a small car to fill up and it was even smaller traveling with two kids &c:ry &c:ry &c:ry

• 3 weeks later...

ummm its a ram of some type, they are diffrent to the ones that were in there at the start. I think they are bolivian, but dont hold me to that. They are the ugly rams I know that much, there eyes are bigger than their head and their mouth is squashed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I added another thirty neons to the mix of this tank, and wow they look amazing. Sadly I have to give ten of them to Eagle.

The new plan is ditch ALL of the guppies in the the tank as well as the lone Zebra loach and yoyo loach, get another tweenty neons bringing the number to around 60, another 15-20 harliquin rasaboras so a total of 20-25 and another 10 dwarf chain loachs to total around 20 of them.

I have finaly tracked down some polysperma sunset so once that is added all the plants are sorted.

With the relativly high stock level and a relativly small tank (very small in my mind, others may argue that) I am trying to do a 10-20% w/c every other day and only feeding every second to third day.

Any feed back of thoughts on what I have propsed?

I will try and add some updated pics this weekend.

cam i really cant see you getting rid of all your guppies some how lol!!! and cant wait to add those neons to my tank! by the way i do love this tank of yours! mind you im in love with all your tanks!! !drool:

No they are all gunna go if its the last thing I do!

We gotta catch the neons first.....

What kind of moss are you using for the middle driftwood?

Riccia