Protein Skimmers

seahorses4me

Ive been looking at upgrading my skimmer, so I watch this with interest, seeing what experienced people would have to say on what brands should be considered, surprised that really nothing has been suggested.

Bubble Magnus, Aqua One, Deltec :dunno:

Come on, loosen up the information belts people :thup:

RUNAS

I used to have a bubble magnus, and now have an aquaone Aqua One Proskim G220 (I think). The difference I see is there were more bubbles on the bubble magnus, which was better for producing dry skimmate. I think for the price, the aqua one skimmers are pretty good. I also had a reef octopus in sump and another HOB and they did ok - nothing like the aquaone or BM though.

i would probably go with a less obscure brand of skimmer . are you looking for an external or an internal type you will need a sump with enough room for an internal type . i have a BM nac6 works fine would reccomend them for a cheap skimmer that actually works Bubble magnus make good external types as well they are quite large which is not a bad thing unless you want to hide it