question for the IT crew

F15hguy

where would I find an adaptor to connect an compaq hard drive to another computer????

it is from a Presario V3000 that has decided to crap itself

im thinking its a massive motherboard failure or else the cmos has gone bye bye.

just can't get it started at all just a bit of whirring and then nothing, not even a flicker from the screen.

seems to be a common problem on these machines.

have tried removing all parts one by one and replacing them to see if they have failed and still getting nothing, not even the LED signals or beeps that tell you whats happening

actually the V3000 laptop, but as far as I can tell it has just standard SATA ports with an adaptor.

where to buy a sata to usb with external power supply though (easy on trademe but im impatient)

kinda scary that googling "presario V3000 laptop won't start" gives me so many of the same problem

glad its not mine

I buy these things from Dove (wholesaler) http://www.dove.co.nz/products/cables-a ... pters/2987

They work well, come with a power supply and you can connect it to old or new desktop / laptop drives. They're only about $27 +GST wholesale, so shouldn't be too expensive retail. Not sure what stores you have near by.

Edit: Any stores you do have nearby should be able to get one overnight from Dove anyway as they're bound to have an account. $27.85 + GST is the wholesale price.