frontosa+ tropheus

camtang

has anyone managed to keep them together before?

I am aware of the diffrent dietry needs but I would think that some high quality prepared cichlid food would suit them both.

I have dreams of a lake tang tank and realy want to have both fronts and trophs together.

any thoughts?

did the tropheus not fight back so to speak? I have fronts with malawis at the moement, and they are very docile and back down to even the smallest of competion. which made me think the tropheus would be ok. was looking at ikola as the group of tropheus.

did the tropheus not fight back so to speak? I have fronts with malawis at the moement, and they are very docile and back down to even the smallest of competion. which made me think the tropheus would be ok. was looking at ikola as the group of tropheus.

what size are the fronts? i found them to be docile generally but as a troph would swim past they would just give them a quick nip on the tail and they were only a little bigger than the trophs. No the trophs don't fight back, they are smart enough to know they will be no match

yeh I am waiting for something like that to happen but so far the fronts just back down.

Only thing really putting me off the troph and front together is that I wanted a docile slow moving placid relaxing tank, and I dont think the tropheus will help with that

I have a tank of pembas and duboisis with 2 big male frontosas with leleupis and calvus. I have no issues except if I introduce a smaller frontosa. The big front will pick on the smaller front.

Also have a colony of Ikolas with 1 smaller frontosa along with leleupis and transcriptus. Once again they are all good together except when I introduce more frontosas. The bigger one picks on the smaller ones.

The funny thing is when I put all the frontosas back together on one tank, they seem to get along ok. Anyway I got a colony of frontosa I'm selling in Trade me :-)

• 1 month later...

Rite ohh I have Fronts,leleupi, julidchromis, cuckoo syno's, calvus and moliro tropheus lined up/growing up for the project. Is there any other thoughts of fish I could add to the mix from Tanganyika?

I dont overly want anymore syno's but will not rule them out completly.I was thinking about getting some fairy cichlids again but am not sure to be honest.

I have my shellies in the tank at the other end of the room, and apparntly they are not compatible with calvus as they will get in there shell and munch them away from what I have reed.

From my limited knowledge we don't have many more types of tangs about

I have always wanted some Enantiopus sp. "kilesa" and some cyprichromis leptosoma blue flash but i am fairly certain we can not get them.

ohhh true, I am currently thinking about pulling my 5 out of the 2nd display tank and putting them into a breeding tank to get a couple of spawns of them. If I do do that I may consider putting them all together. but then again the fronts may see them as a tiny little cocktail sausage before the main course