hmm

Kellz

No its between 2 windows... I have been watching all day for the past week (due to school holidays) no direct sunlight full stop....My parents are complaining about its unslightlyness.. and threaten 100% water chnages grr they dont understand....

Unfortunatly my bedrooms already filled up with 2other tanks...

SHould I carry on with the frequent water changes??, or am i making matters worse?

If the water changes aren't achieving anything (apart from a wet carpet and sore back) I would stop doing it.

Between two windows means light is coming in from almost all sides. Try covering the two ends with card or something so natural light is only coming in from the front of the tank.

Don't forget it will be very slow to clear - don't expect things to correct themselves overnight.

:wink: I guess this is a follow on from 'Green Water'.

Kellz I found that one of my tanks was beginning to show signs of algae and was positively puzzled for it was definitely away from the window. However one day while home I noticed that the late afternoon sun (low because of the season) was striking the tank in that one corner. So a drawn curtain has now solved that problem for me.

How are you going with your tanks now???