pupuke aquarium is being sold

kim

yes its true, we are selling after 31years , its going to be hard to say good by to all out great customers but its time for a change, we have someone looking at the business and if he buys it he will do well in the shop, he has alot of knowledge and i know he will just fit into our shop, if he does buy it take over date isn't until 1st April (its no April fulls day joke :lol: ).

i will let you know more when i know more.

I know I'll miss your cheerful welcome Kim.

Thanks so much to you and Eleanor and John, I've enjoyed my association with the shop and your family over the years.

Must be close to thirty years.

Doesn't time go by fast when ya having fun.

Hope you have sucess in your new, chosen job and all the best for the future Kim.

You take care ya hear??

Alan 104

Boo HOoo.. just when I started visiting the shop :cry:

But on the bright side, you deserver a break Kim.... hope you can handle it though :wink:

All the best. I'll be visiting agin on the 19 and thats a definite.

thanks Alan :wink: , im just glad i got to catch up with you the other day.

wok, thats ok you will still see me round as im not dropping off the face of this earth, i will have more time to breed fish at home and im going to give our club the up and go it needs at the moment.

but the new own (fingers crossed he buys it) is great!! he is our first choice, we headhunted him as we know he will do a great job in my shop.

Caryl, yes it was very hard and it will be hard to leave as it is a passion to me not just a job, but one door closes and another one opens, mum and dad will still do the hire tank thing but thats only 1 1/2 days a week, so that will be great for them as for me who knows...... i have been offered a few jobs and one is a rep for one of my wholesales, it would be good i could order in some really cool stuff :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

next weekend is my last weekend in pupuke aquarium :cry: its going to be so sad to walk away after so many years...........

the new owner takes over on the friday so fingers crossed he gives me the weekend off , as i have to work for him a week to get him up to speed,

cant say who he is yet as he works for another shop but i can tell you he will do well at pupuke aquarium.

Me too.

Tell him to do a water change or any small thing in the shop on the Thursday evening prior.

Just a wee thing I have with starting a job on a Friday.

I was in the building trade, and if we started on the Friday, nothing went well for the entire job.

Just any thing will do.

Take care Kim, and all the best.

Keep in touch,

and you NEVER did make the trip down here with Steve.

Oh !!

Saw that programme today.

Kewl, I remembered a few faces in there.

Oh !

Tell Mike he owes me his NZKA affiliation fee too.

mmmmm

Alan 104

ok i have it on tape, with out the adds as i got a true copie of it before it went on air ,

looks like i will be taping it for a month of sundays , but those of you that want copies you can send me a blank tape and i will copie it, or you wait and hire it of the fnzas as they will have it for hire soon.

pm me if you want to send me a tape and i will give you my address

ok the new owner of pupuke aquariums is Brent, he works at Jensen, we headhunted him because he use to work for us many years ago , in fact his mum and his sister have worked for us so we have known him for many many years and when we had to sell the shop because dad is to sick to work i couldn't think of anyone i would want to take on our name.

Brent will be taking over as new owner next week sometime, i will be working part time next week for him and then im off :cry::cry::cry:

its going to kill me to walk away , but i know brent will do me proud :hail: .

So we are now able to say all the best Brent

All the best, and I'll still keep Pupuke on the "to be visited" list

I hope Kim has shown you how to make a coffee for the travellers.

Where do I send the tissues to Kim??

Alan 104

god i havent even left yet and you are getting someone else to make your coffee alan :cry: thats the last time i make you a coffee :lol: oh no now when you come to auckland you will have to call round to my place for a coffee or something stronger :wink: