Need peoples opinions.

calculator

I am getting a new tank for my birthday, and I want peoples advice on what I should stock it with.

It is going to be 1200*450*500.

I want to get only a few larger fish in there, not a community of smaller fish, as I have already done a community tank and I want to do something different.

So what should I stock my tank with?

thanks in advance for any advice.

Rainbow fish are cool, but I am looking for a fish that has a cool looking body shape (big mouth, weird non fish like skeleton, etc.) rather then color, sorry for being fussy, but thank you any way.

@Godly3vil: that sounds like a great idea, will I be able to fit a couple of oscar's and an arowana in with them to?

@Godly3vil: that sounds like a great idea, will I be able to fit a couple of oscar's and an arowana in with them to?

Not really, the tank size you are getting would be bare minimum for any of the larger species anyway, certainly wouldn't keep an arowana in a tank that size.

Ghost knife fish are cool, I had one not long ago who was out and about all the time, it depends on other tank mates and if they feel comfortable in their environment. Definitely one of the more unusual species available quite easily here in New Zealand. They are actually pretty hardy and can tolerate a wide range of water conditions but should be avoided buying them if they are under 7-9cm in my opinion as they are a slow growing fish and at that size are still pretty much in their fry stage so are a bit more intolerant of poor water conditions and sudden changes in them.

I am getting a new tank for my birthday, and I want peoples advice on what I should stock it with.

So what should I stock my tank with?

thanks in advance for any advice.

mid1_zps247c666c.jpg

If you dont like little fish, then my suggestion you should rearch for some good size Central America Cichlids or try couple adult Super REd Severum with planted out tank look crazzzzy!! ask member Fruju to upload his one??

I do quite like some of the larger chichlids, but I am not sure of my options of what I am allowed, if I was I would want a breeding pair of somthing like GT's, but I dont think my tank will be big enough.

GT are real wussy! i got a male you can buy off me if you like? it will be good if he will be the topdog in comunity tank!