Sexing Gourami

Kumra

Well I assume so as they were the only fish in the tank. I didnt see the deed as such but it has been a few days since the bubble nest.

Well no wonder he's attacking her. That's why you take the female out as soon as she's laid the eggs. Because the male then sees her as a threat to the babies and will try to kill her.

Thanks for that.

I found such a varying amount of opinions when it came to what to do, that's why I posted here.

Congrats on the fry. You will always find varying opinions on breeding on the net. I find it best to read the lot, take the common view points and work on the rest by experimenting. There is no right or wrong way, just a lot of different ways. Find the one that works the best for you :D

there no such thing as "the one way"

had a Pearl gourami that only ever built a tiny little bubble nest inside pipes at the bottom of the tank, but he was extremely productive.

p.s. If anyone has a Pearl gourami around 5-6 years old around that acts like this let me know, I was interested to see if the babies acted the same

Well no wonder he's attacking her. That's why you take the female out as soon as she's laid the eggs. Because the male then sees her as a threat to the babies and will try to kill her.

Thanks. I had not realised that she had laid the eggs. Hopefully all will be well.

Congrats on the fry. You will always find varying opinions on breeding on the net. I find it best to read the lot, take the common view points and work on the rest by experimenting. There is no right or wrong way, just a lot of different ways. Find the one that works the best for you :D

• 1 month later...

Update for anyone interested:

The fish are still going strong, I think there are about 40 that have survived, found one the other day that had died, looked like it had been attacked by another bigger juvenile Gourami. They are growing quite quickly. At some point i'll have to think about what im going to do with them all :)