supericos paludarium journal

superico

Hi!

i really like this, for your first aquarium im am very impressed!

i have a question about the sections which you have designated ofr terrestrial plants.

are they completely shut of from the aquarium water?

so are the corners fully sealed off or is there water going in?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it's looking great! I bet your mum likes it too, eh?

I think a small tetra would look nice, that way you can have lots. I would say ember tetras but they would look too much like the substrate. Perhaps reef tetras instead? They sure were cute when I saw them a few weeks back. If you need any mature media, just let me know. :thup:

Jennifer:

yes she likes it alot and is very proud

reef tetras???

i googled it and nothing came up

I've been thinking about simple neons just because their cheap and petworlds one have really nice colour

henward:

with 70cms of height you could go riparium or use something like the thread david r posted(http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forum ... te!-POTHOS)

or take some thin tall plastic containers and fill them with soil and silicone them to the back pane and then plant

Sorry Sam, I misspelled it. Should be Reed Tetras (Hyphessobrycon Elachys). Joe got some a few months back and when I picked them up to send them, they were spectacular in a big group. Much more impressive than their online photos. They are somewhat small and their white spots would show up beautifully against those green plants. I am not sure if they are on the list anymore. Try asking John at Organism, that's where Joe got his.

Btw, I am so impressed with how good your tank looks, you have done a great job!

Jennifer: i have had a look at them and will decide what to get in three weeks(im getting my apisto and corys next Saturday)

update: i have brought a dehumidifier to deal with the evaporation that the non-existing lid can't catch

my otocinclus are doing fine and my plant are still growing well.

the trimmings that I replanted are getting established growing roots and my baby crypts that I found are growing well too.

P1020442.jpg

my Orisis sword has sent the second leaf up

P1020453.jpg

P1020454.jpg

and my terrestrial plants are all growing well

P1020431.jpg

P1020427.jpg

P1020426.jpg

P1020425.jpg

P1020423.jpg

P1020424.jpg

Beautiful work! :hail: What Apistos are you getting?

Reed Tetras are a really cool little fish, definitely worth considering. They aren't very colourful however. Red Phantom Tetras or Hengeli Rasboras are some others to think about, and they are always available and are very colourful and aren't too expensive either.

Nannacara look really interesting! Here's a video:

What bad things have you heard about Pelvicachromis? P. pulcher can be a bit aggressive from what I've read, and also they can get quite large, but P. taeniatus are much more peaceful and don't get too big either (about the same size as an Apistogramma agassizii).

That sucks that Redwoods has run out though :( I really wanted some but I didn't have the room or money for them.

This is an awesome looking tank... very impressed!

The Ottos must be having a field day in there... I've got some in a 60L with cories and Black Neon Tetras, they all get along very well and compliment each other nicely :)

Thanks for posting pics to... always cool to see peoples masterpieces!