Fixing Fluval filter

Jaide

The push down part to open the hoses has come out of alignment, does anyone know how this can be corrected please? It doesn't seem to come apart any further.

fluvalpart.jpg

Push the lever to the right?

That blue tab at the bottom(On the lever that locks it down into the filter) doesn't seem to actually serve any purpose as far as I can tell, other than bending a little bit and jamming the whole mechanism up. I think it's really only there to keep you from opening the valve without attaching the fitting to the filter. In your case it looks like you can push it to the right also and you should be able to close the valve. Or just break it off.

Yes, the the grey lever in the middle is out of alignment, I tried forcing it a bit but am worried I'll break the thing.

I really hate cannister filters.

It looks like the valve itself has shifted a little to the right. Just push it back. It's only a cylinder with a couple holes drilled through it.

I agree with Ira. This is so hard to explain and I am not on a computer that I can download the photo and add labels... the inside horizontal barrel is pushed out of alignment. Push the middle back to the left. That should make it easier to fit back together.

Btw, just about all Fluval parts are easily acquired form your local shop. I just ordered a new one of these for one of my dozen Fluval canisters.