August 31, 201214 yr comment_495215 have you seen these before?? are these Red Jewell or different species ?? Report
August 31, 201214 yr Author comment_495217 do you think they are just common ones?? do we have in New Zealand Report
August 31, 201214 yr comment_495218 Hard to say, their shape doesn't look quite like the jewels I've seen, a lot fatter. They do get very bright when breeding and there are some bits of those photos that look like they're using red lights which is common along with some tweaking of the colors in photoshop... I'd say very close to the strain we have here anyway. Report
August 31, 201214 yr comment_495228 I wouldn;t be surprised if those were a hybrids, they have a sort of acara look to the bodies, and if they are from asia would suspect dying/tatooing going on. then again wait till you see a male jewel in breeding colours under an atman 15000K light Report
August 31, 201214 yr Author comment_495234 the fins look broader than common ones' . maybe hybrid. Report
September 1, 201214 yr comment_495253 Nah, definitely selectively inbred to bring out body shape/fin traits. I don't believe it would be a hybrid because you would expect to see more of the alternative fish's characteristics too. And it is unlikely that they are that red, I agree with the above comment -tanning lights. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.