DIY Alge scrubber.

RUNAS

Hello people, looking at making a alge scrubber, something to do really and see if what I can get off of it.

Looking at copying a commercial screen type one, making it from black acrylic with clear lens inside with some little T4 fixtures I have already.

Only thing I havent starting looking for is the plastic mesh screen, may be hard to find/? or not.(FOUND ! SPOTLIGHT perforated embroidery canvas $4.95)

Any advise from anyone been there done that ?

RUNAS

I think that since the commercially available ones are so inexpensive, very few people have tried to improve them.

Bristlenose do a good job, and I hear otto's are great too.

I think he's meaning this:

algae_bed.jpg

Not this:

p-74864-59268-fish.jpg

Bristlenoses and ottos do the exact opposite of growing algae to filter out organics from the water.

Yes like IRA posted spraybar across plastic mesh with lights.

I have most of the bits together, getting the acrylic cut tomorrow, probably assemble tomorrow night.

I think the lighting should be pretty cool, scored a sample LED hydroponics grow box for $50, all the right light for algae I hope.

If people are interested I don't mind putting up a post of parts used,assembling etc ?

Sorry yeah it's for marine too but effective in fresh water too I spose.

RUNAS