Help - Clown Loach - Possible Fin Rot?

danilada

I purchased three very large clown loaches last night, I didn't have a extremely good look at them as it was late but they appeared lively and healthy. I put them in my tank last night (yes, I know that is a big no-no! :digH: ) and left them to it. This morning they were still hiding away so I used my torch to check they were ok, however I have noticed that one of them has a bit of his tail missing and it looks like little white fibres are hanging from his tail - I am suspecting fin rot, not that I have ever experienced this before. Or do you think it could possibly just be damaged i.e knocked on a some-thing sharp and is self-healing? I will get a picture up as soon as possible, but I would like some advice on how to treat fin rot with clown loaches. The other occupants of the tank are listed in my signature.

Thanks

When one of my loaches tails got destroyed - by a damn skunk loach - I just done 30-50% water changes each day, didn't worry about meds and it was grown back within 2 weeks. The colour has never fully returned but nobody but me seems to notice that.

Thanks, would this cure fin rot too if it is fin rot?

add some Tonic Salt to help kill bacteria + Temperature up to whatever the fish can stand (Slowly changing temperature to 28C?)

Water change and more water change every day. 30-50% is ideal but do not forget to add slime coat and good bacteria supplements.

Feed the fish just enough to eat within 5mins. Otherwise bacteria will boom even more.