160l Blue Planet

rockgurl89

My first decent tank, and first aquascaping project. I have planted Dwarf sagittaria, Twisted Valisneria, H. corymbosa Stricta,

Hydrocotyle verticillata, a couple of amazon swords and attempted a christmas moss tree (time will tell how well that goes!) with a couple of spindly sagittaria in the corner.

I have some golden and five striped barbs keeping the tank going until I can get fish sorted.

Let me know what you think,but I'm super happy thus far :happy2: The fiance thinks I should cover the filter intake but once the plants grow I think it will cover it up sufficiently.

f9bcc880.jpg

How long have you had the tank going for? In my experience clown loaches are really sensitive to water conditions and really should only be added to an established, healthy tank - especially if they are really young/small. They also grow into huge monster fish that should be kept in huge monster tanks.

The tanks been set up for a week (after its cycle with barbs), my angels are always sensitive and have been fine and I'm monitoring all my levels everyday just to be sure its still its fine! It is the first time I have had clown loaches but I am generally a trial and error person

The clowns are very prone to whitespot and sensitive to the whitespot meds :roll:

The angels will enjoy the neons :D

You cycled with 5 striped barbs but have now added what appears to be much a bigger bioload (depending on fish sizes) so keeping a close eye on water parameters is good.

plus the bumble bees will make tasty morsels for the angels and the loaches will knock them round a bit.

not much point in cycling if you dump a large bioload on it.

best to add fish slowly in small groups, about a week apart

test daily for ammonia and nitrites, and do lotsa water changes.

and if you have the $$$ invest in some live bacteria like TLC or Cycle

I have been using Aquarium complete, and have kept bumblebees with these angels for about a year so I am safe with those. One neons tail looks a little worse for wear (although to be honest it may have been like that when I got it) but everything's looking good tonight so far :)