Ramshorn snail removal

Sheepsnana

Throw some this way? I'm actually looking for some snails, of any sort really to feed my loaches, happy to pay for postage or I could send some plants up your way if you wanted?

More plants would be awesome!

How many hundred of these buggers do you want?

Pm'd, just to keep the thread on track.

In another tank I had, I found that cutting back on how much I was feeding them helped a lot in keeping the numbers in check; for more drastic measures, have an earthquake knock out the power for two weeks, even snails don't do well after that...

Wait, you could see the eggs?!?

Yes, they are a in groups and transparent creamy/tan colour and can be up to 1cm wide depending on the size of the snail that laid them. The bigger the snail, the bigger the amount eggs. The eggs a are hard and are laid im most places the are fairly flat.

Heres a picture off the net:

0.jpg

are you talking about the common ramshorn??? which have jelly like egg masses with small eggs visible in them

ramshorn.jpg

or the more annoying 'Mini ramshorns' which will breed what ever you do and cannot be stopped!!! (nah jokes, chain loaches LOVE them)

minramshorns.jpg

I have Red Ramshorn 's

red rams are just brown rams that are red, never asked why, probably a sex thing, or else they might be blushing :oops:

Thats like saying aulonocara sp. stuartgranti maleri red is the same as Aulonocara stuartgranti (Cobue) but just a different colour or golden bristlenose catfish are the same as brown bristlenose catfish and the difference is probably a sex thing.

A rather naive assumption IMO

the parents came from the same genetics that at least 50% of the countries ramshorns are from (if not all)

imo the red is probably a colour mutation similar to albinism. you do not need a hybrid to make different colour genetics, thats like saying blondes are hybrid humans