Cambodian x? Any experiences

Trilobite

I'm having trouble deciding what male to breed to my cambodian female pk and cant decide what male will give me the best colour quality since none of them are an ideal match

Does anyone have experience crossing a cambodian with any of these colours?

Heres the girl

00027.jpg

My best male is a black lace. But crossing a black fish to a fish that has black loss might not be a good idea, plus both colours are recessive so do you think I will get washed out blacks or some other ugly colour?

Abraham001.jpg

Then theres this wildtype red guy.

00016jpg.jpg

And lastly theres her brother who is a royal blue. But he has a bump on his head like his sister which I really dont want to make more of.

00015.jpg

So any tips/advice/experience on what crosses has worked in the past?

What kinds of results did you get?

I've done heaps of cambodians so here's what I have discovered - you will get a solid colors and Cambodian. I would Ike to say 50/50 but it won't happen. Your solids will be a mix of colors, possibly ever color you can imagine and you may also get a few marbles. However you are unlikely to get a decent Cambodian out of it as the bodies tend to get black specks in them, meaning they are not true Cambodian. The fins and tail will also be a variety of colors.

One question though - why breed using a fish that already is not a perfect shape. The bump is a deformity.

Thanks for your reply :D

Sounds like I'll get a lolly mixture then :) Do you recommend going for the red or the black guy?

I do think the black has way better fins and body than red guy but do you think the red would give me some bright red fish in the mix? I would like to try and get some nice red pks (like the red vts) instead of the browny red most pks are.

Right now I'm leaning towards black for his better fins

The reason I'm using this female is because its the only female I have and the only pk I can find. I'm hoping that the smooth toplines of the unrelated males will compensate for this bump and I will do some culling if I see it popping up

Any special reason your using that female? why not get a better one to suit the blackmale

I would if I could. Ideally I'd want a copper or dragon to get some nice spread irids on a black base in there but since this is the only plakat female I can find I'll have to make do.

Haha unless someone has a decent female too sell :thup: like a copper, black, dragon I'd even take a blue