Cichlid ID Please

koti2113

Thanks man makes me a bit angry that my tank is half full of hybrids seems most the cichlids down here are inbred halfcast mongrels :slfg:

:rotf: what do ya expect buying fish from them dude, just start again and just get some dems and electric yellows...

I feel for the stores here, there are allot of hybrids on the wholesale lists or descent fish cost money.. If they buy descent fish then noone will want to pay retail for them, so they get cheap hybrids off the lists or off other breeders with mixed tanks to stock their tanks and people complain.. Sometimes they just can't win :)

Yes i see where your coming from but i paid $30ea for these 2 and iv seen on this forum and trade me good quality fish for cheaper Im not sure if thats a good price or not but shouldnt they label them as hybrids?? Hope im not opening a can of worms here :wink:

don't always blame the retail, sometimes theres some shockers come through the wholesalers. but most of the time they are pretty good. but as ryanjury says when you can get a purebred fish for $12wholesale and it sits in the tank for 6 months, compared to a $3 hybrid that moves quickly, its economics that dictates the options, but if the LFS is aware that there are buyers out there for the better quality fish they normally start to stock them. also the $12 fish that sits there is effectively raising the prices on every other fish in the store.