UV View Aquarium Purifier

dattofish

yup i do at the moment..been like it for a couple of weeks now.but before that it used to be perfect crystal clear then it started getting a little of now its jst real green iv been doin 1/4 of a water change everyday..im yet to get a gravel cleaning pump

You may be better finding out what is causing the green water rather than trying to fix it by other means, has anything changed in your setup over the last few weeks that may be contributing to it such as added lighting or changing lamps, adding or removing fish or plants, type or amount of food, fertilisers?

Get a gravel vac and see if that helps to remove excess nutrients. Are you able to move the tank to somewhere with less light or have the light on the tank on less. Otherwise A UV steriliser with help control the green water, but if you get an ammonia spike you need to turn it off. One thing to consider is that you have to replace the UV bulb after about 6 months as they become less effective.

no nothings changed in the set up at all, an if anything i may have over fed em a bit?

i wouldnt say it gets direct sunlight its in the middel of the lounge on the external wall nearest windows is couple meters away each day an one window suns their early morning..

im yet to get a gravel cleaner,been looking at the Eheim Quick Vac Pro Gravel Cleaner

ones are they good? or the Marina AquaVac Gravel Cleaner & Water Changer