Currently overseas

phoenix44

And went to the local fish wholesale market in downtown Bombay! Saw baby RTCs - $4 for 2, shovel nose catfish $5 for 2 and the most expensive were the tigris / blue shovel noses at $1200 for 2.

Silver aros are $5 each.

It was very messy though and they don't let people take pics of anything... not surprisingly I saw someone with a backpack pulling out star tortoises by the dozen. :tears:

Didn't really care about the other fish there, the catfish were totally captivating.

The guy from the store told me that people were keeping them in outdoor ponds etc, but now since more and more people have money to 'hide' they are building massive fish tanks. He said the largest one was 30,000L

Also saw baby alligator gars about 7-8cm long. I picked up a 2ft gar from a tank as well.

The guy from the store told me that people were keeping them in outdoor ponds etc, but now since more and more people have money to 'hide' they are building massive fish tanks. He said the largest one was 30,000L

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antilia_%28building%29

said to be the world's most expensive home ... probably has a few aquaria in it

• 9 months later...