Invercargil advise

F15hguy

nah to invers, organising a few years of study for me and the missus.

btw is there much in the way of easily accessable fishing down there?

Theres not really any suburbs you have to worry about lol. It's a pretty quiet and sleepy town really, be prepared for the cold though hehe and yeah mate, 20minutes in any direction and you can catch yourself a feed, we have some awesome diving aswell. Just don't be thinking you will be catching any kingies etc. lol. Where are you relocating from btw?

When I lived South of teviot street there were always things going wrong on my street, people getting stabbed, cars getting bottled and smashed windows, etc. not nice.

If you will be studying then anything close to SIT would suit best.

What are you going to study?

There are "good "and "bad" areas in all towns and cities a lot depends on your price bracket wether renting or buying I suggest you come take a look first, when I moved here 2 years ago most people suggested I buy North of Tay St. But price wise there are some nice houses in South Side. Weather wise not many people have BBQ'S and even fewer have swimming pools and oh yes, not many bikinis on the beach. :slfg: :gigl: :rotf:

I seriously don't know why people keep saying north Invers is better/safer lol, the only difference is you can pay $100+ more for the same type of place lol. You have to consider that the whole of Invers is probably only the size of a small suburb in any large North Island city so it only takes 20 minutes max to get anywhere within the city/town limits. Also I have lived "south of tay street" my whole life and never had any problems with crime etc. yet I know people who live in north Invers who have had multiple issues so the choice is yours. Only place I wouldn't reccommend is probably Glengary area, its like south auckland lol.

i live on the south side of town. and my shed has only been broken into once in the 24 years i have been here.

it is ok aslong you not out there showing off nice cars etc. allof invercargill is ok alot of nice jap cars have been stolen lately mind you that happens all over new zealand.