odd question - help

Caryl

We came 2nd tonight and were 3rd overall before tonight's quiz. We may have made it up to 2nd overall. It is the final next week as it runs school term.

The answer was indeed Tom Cruise and obviously many had done the same research as we had :wink:

No, that was Wok with the phone, but Rob pinged him and he had to put it away!

Think at the time I pinged him he was just in the process of a taking an image of the Greek flag that was on the table question sheet. I should have thought about bringing along one of the cell phone detectors they use during the uni exams.

I remember one year seeing a guy go through one of the exam rooms with some sort of hand held device (presumed to be a detector) - could have just been a machine that went bing.

Think the uni has changed to fining students whose cellphones go off in exams, something like $100 fine.

Well we are very careful to put our phones away at quiz. Tonight is the final. We will not win the overall prize ($500 to the school of our choice) but we have a good chance of being second (which will add to our bar tab). The Microbes have an unassailable lead (unless they come down with a bacterial infection and don't turn up) at 532 and we are currently second (up from third the week before) on 488.5. The next team, Portmanteaus are on 484.5 and the OBG's (Oldies But Goodies) have 484.5. We usually sit next to the OBG's and have a great friendly rivalry going as they are friends of ours.

So it will be a close run fight for 2nd and 3rd.

GO FOXY MORONS!!!! :happy1: :bounce: :happy2: :slfg: