Big pop eye on electric yellow

bigfishhead

Found my adult breeding male got a BIG pop eye on Friday. He is around 11CM. Right eye is about twice as big as left eye on Friday. It looks like it is going to pop out...

I am monitoring him in these two days and he seems fine. Still active and some times try to fight with other bigger fish...

Today during feeding I found the pop eye become smaller. It is almost the same size as normal eye. But on his right side body I can see two red dot pop up. It looks like fighting injure causes scale pop up. But why it is a red color?

My question is does this sounds like a common sickness? Should I take him out before it passing on to other fish? Or it is just a normal injure infection...

Btw, all of other fish looks fine.

Sounds like it was caused by an injury and the red will probably be blood.

Thanks Caryl, I will keep eyes on in the next few days. I hope it is just injure... finger cross.

I totally agree with Caryl. In the past I have fund that if only one eye is affected it's normally an injury. The red spots will be bruising.

Just monitor the fish and the fighting n the tank. Do you have broken lines of sight, ie things in the tank like rocks so fish can hide from each other?

I totally agree with Caryl. In the past I have fund that if only one eye is affected it's normally an injury. The red spots will be bruising.

Just monitor the fish and the fighting n the tank. Do you have broken lines of sight, ie things in the tank like rocks so fish can hide from each other?

Look at the fish after work today. Looks all good. Pop eye and red dots all disappeared. I'm suprise with how quick fish can recover from injure...

Yes there's lots of rocks and draftwood hiding place. I think he was trying to challenge one of my male Giraff...

Im glad its not disease...Thanks guys!