Discussions on Current Individuals Pleco Collections

KrazyGeoff

Hi All,

This post has been created for discussions on the topic "Current Individuals Pleco Collections"

The topic "Current Individuals Pleco Collections" was created in May 2012 and is intended to represent peoples current Pleco stocking and achievements.

The previous attempt was also a discussion forum and it was difficult for people to determine which plecos people had.

It is intended that this topic be the complimentary discussion forum for the "Current Individuals Pleco Collections" posting.

The Post "Current Individuals Pleco Collections" can be found here:

Current Individuals Pleco Collections

Difference between L27 and L191 or L27 and L190?

Identifying L27 and L190 is vvvvery difficult, I personally believe that they are simply different colour/locational forms of the L190. At the end of the day treat your typical grey/brown royal as the L190 and any of the others that may have a colour variation, for example slight green, yellow or gold tinge through them as one of the many L27 variants.

You are always welcome to come have a look. although you may be dissapointed with my taller than wide tank haha

• 3 weeks later...

They might be sexable then :D

Pics from the top and side on will be good. Oddly I find them really hard to sex as they girls seem to be fairly hairy on the pectoral fin. Like as hairy as the males.

The males ( I think ) seem to have longer cheek odontodes (spelling).

Perhaps all mine are male, and this is what is causing me an issue?

You could also vent sex them, but I can never remember if the male has the pointy or the stubby vent, I think it is the stubby one.

I am always very interested when folks have large ones of these, as they take a while to grow, and they don't bring in big ones. 3 of mine are 22+cm and the smallest is about 17cm.

Another possible technique is to catch them out and put them in a square type container. Apparently the males will fan under stress conditions while the females will just sit there.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...