Can't read test strips?

GrahamC

I even read somewhere that a good way to check was to open the cap and look down into the tube! onto a piece of white paper

Yup, that is the way it is meant to be done, but some "hobbyist" kits stray from this due to issues with open chemicals, but it is by far the most accurate. In fact some kits have white circles to place the test so when you look down you can easily match up the closest.

This is another reason that colour-perception shouldn't change the outcome too much, cos whilst you see the test and the reference chart, the thing is, that your sight is "off" by the same degree, so should be able to distinguish a reading comparatively between the test and the chart...

HTH

Got 14, better than I thought I would get. I'm going to have to show this to a mate of mine as he is colour blind - just can't remember what colours he mucks up

Bit of a tangent but it reminded me of something kind of funny. My nephew is a bit colorblind. His grandmother sent him out to the garden to get some tomatoes. He apparently got a hell of a chewing out for bringing back a bunch of green tomatoes, but he couldn't tell the difference. :slfg:

Bit of a tangent but it reminded me of something kind of funny. My nephew is a bit colorblind. His grandmother sent him out to the garden to get some tomatoes. He apparently got a hell of a chewing out for bringing back a bunch of green tomatoes, but he couldn't tell the difference. :slfg:

Since colour blindness is primarily an x-linked recessive disorder, it is possible the grandmother was a carrier and gave him the condition. Perhaps he should be chewing her out if she were his maternal grandmother! lol

I was talking to a friend this morning and she and her husband own a dairy farm. She said soon after they were married she bought some bright red cable for some part of the equipment for out in the paddock and her husband, who is colour blind, said "How will I find that in the long grass?" He could not see it as more than a different shade of grey to the grass.

My brother is also colour blind so can't read traffic lights. He remembers which order the colours go. My sister can't see fine red stripes. She did not realise this until she thought she would have a go at squash and couldn't understand when people kept talking about the red stripe on the wall. She couldn't see it :roll: